The Aldo Leopold Foundation’s highest priority is the health and well-being of our staff, friends, and families. The Aldo Leopold Foundation has been carefully monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus 2019) pandemic and has been using the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to inform and develop policies to protect staff and visitors’ health and do everything possible to prevent illnesses and spread of the virus.
While we will continue to evaluate the facts and context surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak and make changes as appropriate to prioritize health and safety, the following policies related to our friends, partners, and visitors are taken out of an abundance of caution and will be in effect from March 12 until further notice. To stay up to date about when we will begin phasing open again, please join our monthly e-newsletter to receive updates.
CLOSED TO PUBLIC & CANCELLATIONS:
- Beginning Thursday, March 12th, the foundation will be closed to the public and suspending and canceling all onsite meeting rentals, tour groups, classes and workshops. All registrations will be refunded in full and, where practical, courses will be rescheduled at later dates.
- This closure includes the suspension of any visiting guests who would be meeting with staff for professional development sessions, project meetings, or trainings. Meetings that can be conducted via phone or internet are encouraged to continue.
ON-SITE STAFFING & REMOTE WORK:
- The majority of the Leopold Foundation staff will be teleworking until further notice. Staff can be contacted via email in the meantime. Click here to view our staff page and contact information.
- The Leopold Center’s online gift-shop will remain open throughout this time period. Due to limited staffing, please allow 3-5 business days for packages to be shipped.
- Leopold Foundation Staff will be postponing or cancelling all non-essential work-related travel. This includes participation in any offsite group meetings, seminars, conferences, and speaking events.
We understand these temporary policies may disrupt how you would like to engage the Leopold Foundation and yet we believe these are important measures to take on behalf everyone’s health and well-being.
Thank you for your time, attention and patience to this matter. While it may seem like an inconvenience and disappointment at this time hopefully it will be short-lived and we will all remain healthy through it!
Executive Director and President
Aldo Leopold Foundation
Stay social while social distancing; join us on Facebook for foundation updates, exciting content, and inspiring quotes!